Our personal information handling policy and procedures have been developed in line with the requirements of General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679), the HIPAA Privacy Rule and other applicable national laws on data privacy and protection.
Collection of Information
Personal data shall mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, whether it relates to his or her private, professional or public life.
ABD collects and processes personal data about you when you interact with us and when you purchase our product. The personal data we process include (but not limited to);
- Your name, address, phone number, age/birthdate and email address
- Contact details of your next of kin/primary care giver
- Your diagnoses
The information you provide is used to enable routine administration and to monitor and maintain a record of your details related to the utilization of Avery Diaphragm Pacing System. This information is only used to fulfill your specific request, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner, for example to provide you with a physician referral.
No information collected on this website is provided to any third party for marketing purposes.
Use of Personal Information
ABD may process the personal information listed above for the following purposes:
- Provision of Goods and Services: To establish and fulfill a contract with you (i.e. if you are acquiring the Avery Diaphragm Pacing System), we need to obtain some personal information from you. This may include verifying your identity, taking payments, communicating with you, providing customer services and arranging the delivery or other provision of products. We require this information in order to enter into a contract with you and are unable to do so without it;
- Account Management: To monitor and maintain a record of your details related to the utilization of Avery Diaphragm Pacing System. We may use your information to administer your account, respond to your inquiries and fulfill your request. It should be noted that you have the right of access to and correction of all the personal information you disclosed to us. In addition, you also have the right to have your personal data erased when it is no longer necessary for us to process your information.
- Legal Requirements: To comply with applicable laws and regulations. ABD may share information with governmental agencies or other entities assisting in fraud prevention or criminal investigation. We may do so: (1) when required by law; or, (2) to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) when investigating fraud which has already taken place.
ABD will apply adequate privacy safeguards to protect your personal information.
The site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the site, and understanding how visitors use the site. Cookies can also help customize the site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology.
Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees have access to this information. You may request to opt out of further contact from ABD at any time.
ABD reserves the right to make changes to this policy at any time. Any changes to this policy will be posted here. This policy was last updated on May 21, 2018.